About Me

I'm a writer who aims to do good things with words. I write scripts mainly but I wanted to set up this blog as a way of being of service through my writing. Included in the blog you'll find my Gratitude posts which are updated every Wednesday and a quote of the week posted each Sunday, taken from various sources. I may also post some of my fictional short stories here too. The views expressed in my gratitude posts are merely my own humble opinions, observations and my personal experiences, but I really hope they make you smile, move your heart and give you food for thought. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Gratitude Post: Abundance of ideas

I am grateful for waking up with a completely unexpected spark of an idea for a new writing project in my head. It began as the tiniest spark of inspiration in my heart, grew in my belly, and throughout the day it literally filled my whole being with joy! I love it when that happens. I love the buzz of a newly born idea. If you are a writer, artist, creative person, or problem solver of any kind, you will know ideas are currency, they are life-blood, raw materials; they are so important to us right? Yet a part of me fights with them. (Rambo aint got nothing on me folks ;) ). I always worry whether/how ideas are gonna come to me, as if the world is about to become inspirationally bankrupt, and run dry of ideas any minute, and OMG I better stockpile em ALL NOW QUICK!! So exhausting!.. :p Anyway today was confirmation that I’m a ding-bat and need to chillax and stop worrying. And it’s true. Inspiration for whatever we need is all around us. It’s always around us. Whether you believe they come from God, a Higher Power or whether you take the Carl Jung view that they come from a mass of human conciousness, inspiration is everywhere, and we have access to it at all times. The key I’m learning is not to fight for it, because inspiration is kinda like the guy you fancy- the more you chase him the more elusive he is. Just sit back, stop worrying about it, expect it, and it will find you.

No comments: