About Me

I'm a writer who aims to do good things with words. I write scripts mainly but I wanted to set up this blog as a way of being of service through my writing. Included in the blog you'll find my Gratitude posts which are updated every Wednesday and a quote of the week posted each Sunday, taken from various sources. I may also post some of my fictional short stories here too. The views expressed in my gratitude posts are merely my own humble opinions, observations and my personal experiences, but I really hope they make you smile, move your heart and give you food for thought. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Gratitude Post: Godbless free range hens!! :p (10/12/2010)

Today I am grateful that I was able to share a creative idea with a friend. And you know what happened?… The idea EXPLODED. Seriously, the idea mushroomed beyond the bounds of my own feeble mind, and expanded and grew into something even more exciting than I started with. See, the things is, I think a lot of creative people can get a little scared about sharing their ideas, which I understand because ideas are currency right? But if you can find somebody you can trust – my tip of the day is – DO IT!  Why? Because as soon as you let go of an idea – it takes on a life of its own.  Your ideas are still your babies – you don’t loose the idea by sharing it- but if junior can be raised by an extended family – think of how more well adjusted you’re child will be.  Honestly – You are likely to find that YOU yourself come up greater possibilities for your ideas by bouncing it off other people. So free Willy! Go on – put it out there. Sure it’s scary watching any child leave the nest – but can how can you know the full potential of your creativity until it’s liberated. The way I see it the best ideas are like hens – keep em locked in a battery – and they will always be limited but let them have free range, and the produce speaks for itself.

written and posted by Nadia O'Connell

No comments: