About Me

I'm a writer who aims to do good things with words. I write scripts mainly but I wanted to set up this blog as a way of being of service through my writing. Included in the blog you'll find my Gratitude posts which are updated every Wednesday and a quote of the week posted each Sunday, taken from various sources. I may also post some of my fictional short stories here too. The views expressed in my gratitude posts are merely my own humble opinions, observations and my personal experiences, but I really hope they make you smile, move your heart and give you food for thought. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday 20 January 2011

January 2011: Personal thought of the month. Live in love.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/singhflicks/
In the world in which we live, it seems a lot of folks are cynical about love. As though that people are just too wrapped up in themselves to care.  But I don’t buy into that. After my encounter with kindness a couple of weeks ago,** I am convinced  that human beings are in programmed to love. I do not buy into the selfish gene theory. How can I say that with so much suffering going on the world and not enough folks seeming to care?  Because I believe the only reason “most people don’t seem to care” is because they are now persuaded their compassion is useless. And this, for me folks, is the most grievous deception on the planet. We are NEVER useless.  Never. We each have 2 hands to help with, 2 arms to hug with, and one huge heart to give and receive love with. This year, take the risk of using them. We can each make a difference to somebody else, no matter how small the endeavour. Every deed we do, every smile we give, every loving word we speak will send out ripples of love to soothe and help heal the hearts of our human family. So this year, empower yourself. Live in love. It will come back to you.
Best wishes for 2011. :)
** “The kindness of Strangers” blog entry 24/12/10,


Written and posted by Nadia O'Connell

No comments: